35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide has an incredible number of healthful uses in the body and around the home!
This is one of the cheapest and most useful substances we have found for increasing health, so we want to tell you about it!
Food grade means it is safe for ingestion as well as household use.
The high concentration is caustic at full strength. It must be handled with care - we suggest wearing gloves. It may cause chemical burns if you get it on your skin, but flush thoroughly with water and there will be no lasting damage.
The high concentration must be diluted for use, but this makes it a cost effective solution for a range of applications.
The brown bottle of hydrogen peroxide you find at drugstores has a concentration of 3%. While you can dilute it, you can't make it any stronger. It's great for topical uses, but is not safe to ingest as it contains stabilizers and other compounds.
We're going to share just one amazing use for 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide in this post: MAKE A FRUIT & VEGGIE WASH!
Fruits and veggies you purchase from a store or farmers market may be covered with pesticides, mold, bacteria, pathogens, chemicals, residues, wax, and dirt - not so appetizing to ingest! Food borne illnesses caused by salmonella, listeria, and E. coli are sometimes due to mishandled or contaminated produce, and are quite unpleasant.
Thankfully, it's very easy to cleanse your produce and eliminate many microbes, grime, and some pesticides by making a simple bath for them in your kitchen sink.
Here's how to use 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide to clean your fruits and veggies:
Fill your kitchen sink about halfway full.
Add 1/2 oz of 35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide.
Soak leafy greens for 15 minutes, and other produce for 30 minutes.
Rinse, dry, and refrigerate or store your fruits and veggies.