RECIPES from the Garden
Food is one of the most fundamental importances in life, but it’s also an artistic process! Just as with beauty, delicious food is also in the eye of the beholder. Thus the “perfect” recipe is subjective and different to every body, whether that be because of taste preferences, dietary commitments, or allergies.
"Recipes" have to be tweaked and tailored to the individual to make truly amazing food! For this reason, we provide ingredients and methods, but not exact quantities and ratios. We like LOTS of flavor so we use lots of ingredients, but you can add more or less, include or exclude whatever you want according to your tastes. It's fun to cook from a creative perspective rather than to copy someone else’s version of great food!
We're not here to tell you what your flavor palette is. We aim -
through beautiful photos and unique food formulas -
to inspire you to play with your food!
Coconut or olive oil
Bell pepper, diced
Zucchini, diced or sliced
Guajillo chile, ground
Cayenne pepper (optional)
Shredded cheese(s) like cheddar and pepper jack, or crumbled like quesa fresca
Garnishes (optional): cheddar cheese, diced red onion, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, green onions, squeeze of lime, parsley or cilantro, avocado slices, hot sauce
1. Sautée onions in oil until soft. Add bell pepper and carrot, and cook a few minutes longer.
2. Add corn, zucchini, and beans, and heat through.
3. Add tomato sauce and spices.
4. Dip tortillas in saucy veg mix to lightly soften.
5. In a casserole dish, spread one spoonful of saucy veggies on the bottom. Layer with tortillas, ricotta, and more saucy veg mix to cover. Sprinkle shedded cheese, and repeat layers until dish is full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
7. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving to make it easier to cut into portions. Top with desired garnishes, and feast away!
#gardenofeden #highvibehealth #recipe #ingredient #spices #cooking #culinary #food #guajillo #chile #blackpepper #garlicpowder #cumin #texas #texmex #enchiladacasserole #texmexlasagna #beans #vegetarian