Mouthgasmic RECIPES from the Garden
This delicious chocolatey, nutty spread is vegan and gluten free!
3 cups raw or roasted unsalted hazelnuts
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
1/2 cup cacao powder or nibs
1/2 cinnamon stick, powdered (optional)
1. Roast hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes to warm the oils and loosen the skins.
2. Transfer to a kitchen towel, and roll around with your hands to loosen the skins.
3. Blend the skinned hazelnuts with coconut oil in a food processor or high speed blender like a Vitamin for approx. 8-10 minutes, scraping sides as needed, until a butter forms.
4. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until well incorporated.
5. Enjoy immediately, or transfer to a clean jar to be stored at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.