Mouthgasmic RECIPES from the Garden
Ingredients for Cake:
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup finely shredded dried coconut
1 cup dried fruit (dates, raisins, or apricots)
1 cup nuts of your choice (walnuts work well)
1 teaspoon cinnamon = 1 cinnamon stick
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Optional: ginger- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated or 1 teaspoon powdered
Ingredients for Frosting:
2 cups cashews soaked for 8+ hours & drained, or can substitute cashew or almond butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon = 1/2 cinnamon stick
1/2 cup 100% organic blue agave or honey
1. Shred the carrots using the food processor shredding blade and set them aside.
2. Switch to the S blade, and pulse the nuts to your desired consistency. The finer the nuts, the less crunchy the cake will be. Set the nuts aside.
3. Place dried fruit into the food processor and blend until it is evenly chopped. Break up any chunks into small bits and spread evenly around the food processor.
4. Add the carrots, coconut, nuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger (optional) to fruit in food processor, and blend until evenly mixed.
5. Place the mixture into a shallow dish like a pie plate or glass baking pan. Press firmly into the dish until it is all smooth and flat. Set aside.
6. Make the frosting: Blend all the frosting ingredients in the food processor until smooth, creamy, and thick. Adjust the thickness and sweetness by adding a little more water or agave syrup.
7. Spread the frosting into the cake. Refrigerate for a few hours to help it firm up and stick together well.
8. Serve and enjoy healthful sweetness!