RECIPES from the Garden
Food is one of the most fundamental importances in life, but it’s also an artistic process! Just as with beauty, delicious food is also in the eye of the beholder. Thus the “perfect” recipe is subjective and different to every body, whether that be because of taste preferences, dietary commitments, or allergies.
"Recipes" have to be tweaked and tailored to the individual to make truly amazing food! For this reason, we provide ingredients and methods, but not exact quantities and ratios. We like LOTS of flavor so we use lots of ingredients, but you can add more or less, include or exclude whatever you want according to your tastes. It's fun to cook from a creative perspective rather than to copy someone else’s version of great food!
We're not here to tell you what your flavor palette is. We aim - through beautiful photos and unique food formulas - to inspire you to play with your food!
Oil, butter, or bacon fat
Chicken or vegetable stock
Sprinkle of cayenne
Extra veggies (optional): celery, broccoli, carrots
Sour cream or cream cheese
1. Heat the oil, butter, or bacon fat over medium-low heat in a soup pot. Sprinkle on flour, and stir together to make a roux. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Add onions, and toss to coat. Cook until onions just begin to turn translucent.
3. Add milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly until incorporated and mixture begins to thicken.
5. Add potatoes and any extra veggies you like, and cook until tender, stirring and lightly mashing frequently.
6. Stir in sour cream or cream cheese and handfuls of shredded cheese until melted.
7. Taste, and add herbs, spices, and seasonings as needed.
8. Ladle into bowls, top with preferred garnishes, and enjoy!