RECIPES from the Garden
Food is one of the most fundamental importances in life, but it’s also an artistic process! Just as with beauty, delicious food is also in the eye of the beholder. Thus the “perfect” recipe is subjective and different to every body, whether that be because of taste preferences, dietary commitments, or allergies.
"Recipes" have to be tweaked and tailored to the individual to make truly amazing food! For this reason, we provide ingredients and methods, but not exact quantities and ratios. We like LOTS of flavor so we use lots of ingredients, but you can add more or less, include or exclude whatever you want according to your tastes. It's fun to cook from a creative perspective rather than to copy someone else’s version of great food!
We're not here to tell you what your flavor palette is. We aim -
through beautiful photos and unique food formulas -
to inspire you to play with your food!
THIS is how we sandwich at The Garden of Eden!
We don't follow recipes - every single dank sandwich is a one-of-a-kind experience, unlikely to ever be made again.
It's really quite a simple formula to make something so epic, you just use whatever is the most inspiring stuff you have on hand:
Bread - whole grain, oat, spelt, hemp, rye, pumpernickel, white, tortilla, bagel
Cheeses - cheddar, havarti, feta, gouda, fresh mozzarella, pepper jack
Veggies - lettuce and greens, onion, bell pepper, avocado, tomato, cucumber, green onion, shredded carrots
Surprising flavor bursts - kimchi, candied jalapeños, raw honey, pickles and olives, dried cranberries
Meats (optional) - turkey, roast beef, pastrami, salami, pepperoni, ham, chicken salad, bacon
1. Schmear hearty bread with flavorful dips and spreads.
2. Pile on pungent cheese.
3. Top with colorful fresh veggies.
4. Sprinkle on garden fresh herbs and spices.
5. Drizzle with oils, vinegars, and/or sweet, savory, and/or spicy sauces.
6. Throw on something surprising, like candied jalapeños or homemade kimchi or the figs you've been soaking in vodka!
7. Add meat if you like meat.
8. Slap two sides together and grill to melty buttery crunchy perfection!