RECIPES from the Garden
1 ripe - overripe papaya
4 rib eye steaks
1. Trim any mold or punctured area from papaya skin. Cut entire fruit into chunks. 2. Blend papaya - skin and seeds and all! - in blender until smooth. Add filtered water as necessary.
3. Pour papaya over steaks in bag or glass baking dish for 1.5 hours in fridge. 4. Remove steaks from papaya marinade and rinse. Place steaks on something like a grate or cooling rack to allow for air flow, over a plate or cutting board to catch drippings.
5. Liberally salt, pepper, and sprinkle both sides of the steaks with garlic powder. 6. Place steaks on grate over plate in the fridge to cure for roughly 24 hours.
7. Remove steaks from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
8. Grill over high heat to desired doneness.