Rose quartz is a pink to red stone. It is generally opaque, although there are some translucent and transparent specimens. It is mined in Madagascar, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, and South Dakota (where it's the state mineral!).
The incredible geometry of quartz endows it with some fascinating properties, like the piezoelectric effect: when force is applied to quartz, it emits electricity.
- strengthens and balances the heart and circulatory system
- releases impurities from body fluids
- hastens recovery
- reduces high blood pressure
- aids chest and lung problems
- heals the kidneys and adrenals
- alleviates vertigo
- provides energetic support for those with leukemia
- increases fertility
- protects both mother and unborn fetus from miscarriage
Zodiac – Taurus, Libra
Planet – Venus
Elements – Earth/Water
Typical colors – rose pink