My first steemit rant/venting post!
This post is a venting of frustrating or ranting about shit I don’t like but also a post with a life lesson on of which I feel we can all benefit by and thus the ultimate purpose of this post.
I have been super busy and on top of it Steemit.com has bee down for hours of time for the last few days. I don't really know what or why or if its everyone using Steemit.com or just some people.
I do know for a fact others have been having an experience of Steemit.com being down for some amount of time in recent days.
So I am writing this to vent my frustrations as I have not felt motivated to write a post for over 24 hours due to loosing a couple hours worth of writing/composing due to Steemit.com Being down. Its a major blow when I sit at a computer for hours at a time composing a long and important post to then have it lost. I am sure others have experienced this and of course no one likes it.
Yet, in life, SHIT happens. We also all know that as well. So the question is what do we do when that shit happens?
Life is a game; It's what we do with the cards we are dealt that really defines who we are, and that dictates the results of our exepriece.
So, I am choosing to face this unfortunate loss as an opportunity.
An opportunity for what you may ask?
Well, an opportunity for something beneficial like LEARNING! I find that there is always something to learn in experiences we want or experiences we don’t want. When we learn something from an unfortunate experience in a way it becomes fortunate….Or at least in someway valuable. I honestly wouldn't waste my time or yours just complaining.
I have had this happen in my life many times already so have evolved to be pretty consistent at “looking at the bright side” or “turning lemons into lemonade” .
So first off here are a list of my complaints/frustrations aka “lemons”. Of which I will attempt to turn into some delicious lemonade for myself and anyone who wishes to share with me!
- Sitting at a computer so many hours (which I only like for the results of the work, not being on the computer itself)
- Loosing the work/value from that time sitting at a computer.
- Feeling damaged by the fact that it “wasnt my fault”
- That blame then turning into further blame/complaining for the other perceived “problems” with steemit.com
- Not wanting to write/post because of the frustration.
- Loss of $$$
Ingredients for lemonade:
- Venting. Venting can be healthy when done consciously and responsibly. Thus why I am including ingredients for lemonade not just a post of lemons. (no offense lemons, ur not inherently “bad”)
- Learning: Learning to me is the most valuable use of time so finding ways to learn and adapt from this experience.
- I have actually told many new people who join Steemit to compose their posts on a note pad or offline writing app. So that if for some reasons Steemit is not working or the internet goes down writing is NOT lost. I used to do this actually but have not been for many months now. However this is a reminder as to why that is important. Its the safe and logical way to do it and sometimes we have to have these “bad” experiences in order to learn or remember.
- Making $$$: Yes I lost $$$ due to Steemit being down but instead of letting that continue to have me loose $$$ I am now composing this post to not only vent, but to learn, to share and to then also make some $$$.
- Responsibility: This is the ultimate in turning lemons to lemonade. Yes, Steemit may be down, and yes, there may be things that have not been improved or fixed that I think should be, but ultimately my post was lost because I was not careful enough. Thats my fault and can’t blame it on anyone. What I can do is vent, let go, learn and get back up better than ever!
Ultimately what I get out of this is an opportunity for responsibility and learning. To make something beneficial of the initially frustrating situation!
I am already feeling better and what is still obviously true is that Steemit even in beta is the best place to be and share on the internet!
Thats some Über Dank Lemonade!
I can say honestly that no Steeemit is not perfect, and there are plenty of things I would prefer were different, but in the end I am grateful and honored to be a part of this community and this revolutionary project. I still want to post, I still want to promote and contribute to the progress and success of Steemit and this community!
I am not going to waste my time complaining but invest my time in improving! Not just my own experience but that of Steemit as a whole!
I will be traveling to SteemFest soon and speaking there as well. That is because I love Steemit and want to promote and support its success. I also want to meet the many Steemians who will be there and contribute my most valuable knowledge, experience and successes with the Steemit community.
Steemit is my favorite place to be online and I still believe it to the a fantastic investment and a revolutionary platform/community!
Even if I lost a post every week I would Still want to use Steemit because there is no other place that can offer what it does.
I am going to continue to INVEST my knowledge and also $$$ into Steemit so that it can continue to grow and improve. I am going to continue to promote it as the best place to be online and I am going to continue to believe in the potential of this community!
As always I appreciate you all and welcome your feedback!