Lifestyle changes (especially something as basic eating habits, which are developed in infancy) can be challenging in the beginning. Thankfully, we have the support of a group while we make some more health conscious choices, andwe invite anyone who wants to upgrade their health to take part as well!
After only 3 weeks of following the diet and 100% gum spirits of turpentine protocol, the majority of us are feeling better and are reporting really encouraging results in our diet wants vs needs.
During this protocol, we follow an anti-candida diet for 4 days and take 1 teaspoon of 100% gum spirits of turpentine first thing in the morning, and we take the next 3 days off each week. During the 3 off days, we eat whatever we want and do not take 100% gum spirits of turpentine.
The anti-candida diet largely corresponds to an alkaline diet based in fresh fruits and vegetables. We are having:
- fruit smoothies
- green juice
- wild plants/herbs
- raw fruits
- cooked fruits
- raw veggies
- cooked veggies
- tea or coffee
We avoid or eliminate:
- processed foods (anything from a package)
- non fruit sugars
- dried fruits
- soda, energy drinks, and other carbonated beverages
Now let's take a look at what we're actually consuming!
Another note: You can see for yourself the high vibe, über dank, delicious, nutritious communal dinners we have every single day, because we share our daily sustainable feasts on Steemit! It's fun & hopefully inspiring to take a peek inside our outdoor kitchen.
Now for more fun, let's analyze some data! Here is a look at our reported diets for ON & OFF days from Week 1:
Looks like we stuck to the protocol pretty well over the first week.
Now let's look at the differences between ON days for Weeks 1 to 3:
Week 3 was a little more relaxed than week 1 while we were supposed to stick to the diet, although only a few people are not following the complete protocol during the on days.
Now let's look at the differences between OFF days for Weeks 1 to 3:
The data shows that from week 1 to 3 we are eating more meat, dairy, and processed foods on our off days, but we are also eating more fruits and veggies even on our off days. This suggests we are adjusting the baseline of our diet and actually prefer plenty of plants when given the freedom to have anything we want.
Here is what we are experiencing from following the anti-candida diet:
- Most of the people here @gardenofeden were considered very fit based on height to weight ratio even before we began the protocol. Weight is not something we have been specifically tracking during our experiment, but one individual reports they have lost 10 pounds in only a few weeks!
- Others have reported a noticeable difference in stomach protrusion both after eating and in the morning. One Eden Knight said, "It felt like I was always carrying around a food baby because I was eating so much, but I still felt hungry. Now I'm eating a lot less, I don't crave junk food, and I wake up each morning with my stomach flat again!"
- Everyone agrees that eating excessively healthy during the majority of the week and allowing ourselves to eat whatever we want during the last few days is working very well. Everyone feels better mentally & physically since the cleanse started!
- We have all made positive changes towards our eating habits and are eating much more consciously. Most people report new awarenesses of their own tendencies for healthful vs. not so healthful food choices, consideration for where their habits come from, and an increased desire to choose options that make their bodies feel good.
Despite our starting to slack on the diet in week 3, we are still making progress. Our candida levels have decreased, our die off symptoms have decreased, and our pH levels are slowly rising as well. This is encouraging to know that you can still "cheat" from time to time and see positive results in health! Getting better and better can be fun and rewarding!
*This information is not intended to be medical advice; it is just shared research & experience.