When living in community, one gets to see the many faces of the self. It’s impossible to deny that everyone and everything is a reflection of me.
Whatever I am feeling inside eventually manifests on the outside, which, of course, is quite dandy when I breathe in the lushness of the flourishing garden, the magnificence of a thriving eco-system and the creation of a sustainable piece of art. In the beauty of this mirror I can bask in the yummy life in which I’m aligned.
However, it’s not always quite as joyous to see myself in the living room floor torn down to the foundation that has flooded now for months when it rains, a recent influx of little moths that eat holes in all my clothing, and a messy garage that needs to be organized for the umpteenth time. Still I calm myself in gratitude for feeling so much and remind myself that there is no place to run and no place to hide. Everywhere I turn, there I am. There is no getting away from me!
So I sometimes dissect these metaphors to see what my energetics have aligned me with:
- The Garden = The foundation of my health, nutrition and overall well being - lush and flourishing (gratefully not covered in bugs, flooded or struggling to survive).
- Eco System = The perfection of divine flow and the interconnectedness I have with my world - thriving (at the GOE this is almost always the case as nature always brings itself back into balance--realizing some things just need to work themselves out).
- Art = The way I express myself through imagination and divine channel - sustainable creative spirit (generally speaking I am incredibly inspired and feel good about the expression that flows through me, and when glitches do occur, I generally find resolution).
- Living room floor = Going down to the foundation - overcome with emotion (water)
- Issues with the living room flooding are finally beginning to resolve themselves. We were blessed with a new roof due to the hail, and we then added new oversized gutters to all parts of the house that will help manage the downpours. This indicates to me that I am moving through the flooding (overwhelming emotional) issues, finding solutions and can move on to the next phase of awareness and creativity in rebuilding. I am becoming more capable of handling my emotions and able to move forward in life.
- Moths = being eaten up by small little things that may seem insignificant - can cause serious damage
- The moths have recently begun to fly their mouths around my room, eating up little bits of the clothing that hide me inside and protect me from the elements. Perhaps I am bothered by little things that are flying up in my face, hiding in my drawers and breeding in quiet places. Perhaps I must realize that I can’t really hide behind things (clothing either) as my protection can be eaten away leaving me exposed and damaged beyond repair. A worthwhile meditation to become aware of what those little things are and what I really need to look at.
- Garage = Tools of life out of place again - losing clear focus and the tools to fix things up
- The garage is in a constant state of flux as is my life. People come and go, leaving things behind or out of place, which I then feel compelled to attend to. I attempt to keep my tools for dealing with life in order, but take on some of the baggage of others. Personal responsibility for the order of my life and the tools I have gathered for overcoming obstacles needs attending to.
Now imagine that these are just a small fraction of the things I see in myself everyday with my physical reality. And...there are 9 of us at the house right now, so everyone else’s stuff also comes up and manifests in the space. Living in community amplifies everything as there are so many energetics to tune into.
When our kitchen is crazy we know that someone is in chaos and in need of nurturing themselves.
Not only the physical things are our reflection, but our relationships with each other mirror our relationship with ourselves. Whenever we have feelings about others it is beneficial to look to see where we have those feelings within. The words we speak are a part of us and unfold in alignment with where we are on the inside.
Perhaps we are jealous, fearful, angry or have other issues we have not addressed.
One of the greatest blessings at the Garden of Eden is not only the reflection we see all around us in each other and our environment, but we also get the full-on reflection of Quinn Eaker, who is a huge catalyst for personal awareness and empowered beingness. He doesn’t take on our stuff, so what we see in him is a more clearly defined reflection of what is going on inside of us. We know he often pushes our buttons to help us see the dark sides we are hiding from ourselves so we can become empowered to make change that benefits our overall well-being.
I continue reveling in the aspects of life that feel positive and life giving, and dissecting and learning from those things which do not feel as freeing and validating of wellness. Being grateful for ALL aspects of this existence I learn, grow, and evolve.
These are blessed moments in our face all the time at the GOE. Personal growth and evolution is of high priority so we take seriously the implications of what our environment and relationships are telling us and look within for resolution.
We know it is not an easy path as the mirror at times is incredibly intense. Some people are just not quite ready for that much reflection.
We sometimes need reminders that this is our true work and that there is always so much to be grateful for. So grateful for inspiration from Quinn’s steady stream of evolutionary flow and continually putting everything on the line for truth.